Essay Questions - Law
Answer each essay question. Put the answer directly under each question with the source.
1) Provide an overview of the history of crime analysis in the U.S. How has crime mapping progressed along with crime analysis?
2) Discuss how the Crime Pattern theory addresses opportunities for crime change based on changes in behavior on a societal level. Cite three real world or hypothetical examples.
3) Explain the difference between displacement and diffusion of crime and provide an example of each. Ensure you include a discussion of spatial displacement, temporal displacement, target displacement & tactical displacement.
4) Pick two (2) types of policing strategies discussed in Chapter 3 of the textbook. Provide an explanation of each and why you feel they are effective or not. How do crime analysts affect policing strategies?
5) Explain why crime analysts need to remain cognizant of (1) reported crime activity versus actual crime statistics/incidents and (2) differences in reporting standards in different jurisdictions.